Thursday, August 1, 2013

Today is my first day trying the FastDiet.  It's been 13 months since I've had Vincent and it's time to try to incorporate a lifestyle that will allow me to shrink while I improve other aspects of my health and, hell, maybe even extend my life a bit.  I was skimming through Facebook and saw NPR did a post about the FastDiet and it got my attention.  I personally think it should be called the Fasting Diet because I read "FastDiet" and thought lose weight fast.  Anyway, I bought the book, read it and I am going for it.  I wanted to journal my thoughts about it someplace so, here we go.

The nice thing about the diet is that you only fast two days of the week.  The other 5 days, you can pretty much eat what you'd like.  I have been looking forward to today more out of curiosity than anything else.  Would I be starving?  Would I want to eat everything in sight?  

Oddly enough, I am fine.  Of course, it's only 8:30 so, that may change in a bit but, for now, I have an iced down club soda and a cup of hot tea close by.  My "lunch" will be eaten at around 10ish this morning and will consist of 3ozs of  smoked salmon, 5 crackers, 10 grape tomatoes and 1oz of light cream cheese.  I haven't quite thought through dinner yet but, it's likely to involve some baked tilapia and lots of veggies steamed and tossed in a bit of olive oil.  Oh, the excitement.  

I am tracking everything - weight, BMI, fat percentage and my food via Fitbit.com and LoseIt.com.  I am really hoping that I can make this into a lifestyle and get to my goal weight and maintain it over the longhaul.  But, I have hoped that for most diets I have gone on.  I am not sure if this will be any different.  We.  Shall.  See.

No comments:

Post a Comment