So, I am down about 4lbs since Monday. Again with the yo-yo but, what was cool was I was down AFTER a non-fasting day. Of course, yesterday, I didn't go crazy on my off day. I had a lowfat breakfast sandwich and coffee. For lunch I had a grilled cheese with spinach salad as my side and then a Trader Joe's flatbread for dinner. And, I had a softball game last night. It was SOOOOOO humid outside, it felt like we were playing in the rainforest. And, I'd taken a muscle relaxer for my back and had the worst cotton mouth and found myself to be fairly worn out during the game (which isn't really normal). Again, this was NOT on a fasting day so, I found that pretty interesting. I wasn't as organized for this fasting day as I have been in the past so, I had to wing it on breakfast which wasn't easy. I had two hard-boiled eggs, a piece of string cheese and some leftover snow peas. Jealous? Tonight, I plan to get some sashimi from our local sushi place and perhaps some steamed vegetables.
I have family coming into town (my favorite nephew in the whole wide world) and then we're spending the weekend with more family for a birthday celebration which means, yes. Eating, drinking and being merry. I moved my usual Thursday fasting day to today so, I could take my nephew to some of his favorite Atlanta restaurants and actually enjoy myself as well. We'll probably end up at The Vortex or Fox Bros.
And, I meant to say...as much as I sang the praises of Gorton's "Simply Bake" tilapia, I thought I would branch out and try the salmon as my dinner on Monday night (1st fasting day of this week).
It was awful. Dry. Very fishy tasting. I couldn't even eat it. It, and the other fillet (I went ahead and cooked them both) were promptly thrown in the trash. Which pains me because I paid $8.59 for them but, not even that could get me to eat them. Ewww. If you see the below in the store, BEWARE! But, as I said - the tilapia is delicious and definitely worth a try. At 120 calories a fillet, it fits very nicely into the 5:2 diet plan for fasting days.

No comments:
Post a Comment